What You Should Know:
– Withings is reimagining the use of smart scales and home health optimization with the introduction of Body Comp, a complete body assessment scale measuring multiple biomarkers typically only assessed in a professional clinical setting, and Health+ an enhanced service providing detailed health analysis and tools to help people improve their health by building a health routine.
– Bundled together, Body Comp and 12-month access to Health+ will be available from October 4, 2022, priced at $209.95.
Pioneering the Connected Health Movement Using Biomarkers and Data Driven Models
Established in 2008, Withings is a world leader in connected health technology. Its team of engineers, data scientists, and healthcare professionals have enthused everyday, elegant lifestyle objects with medical and wellness capabilities to efficiently track health vitals.
Body Comp brings new levels of precision with novel sensors, exclusive algorithms and patented electronics, to improve both the accuracy of weight and of body composition, with new multi-frequency BIA capabilities. It offers complete home health body assessments via embedded sensors that can monitor multiple biomarkers associated with general and chronic health risks, including:
● Full body composition (weight, muscle mass, fat mass, water %, bone mass, BMI, and for the first time, visceral fat)
● Cardiovascular assessment (Standing Heart Rate, Vascular Age)
● Nerve health assessment (Nerve Health Score* computed from Electrochemical Skin Conductance)
It is the first scale to measure body fat, visceral fat (the fat hidden around the organs in your belly), vascular age (the pliability of your blood vessels), and nerve health (the function of the nerves in your feet) in one consumer device.
Its advanced and proprietary health metrics go beyond weight management to bring cardiovascular and nerve health risk assessment into the home.
Developed by leading cardiologists, Vascular Age is based on Pulse Wave Velocity (PWV), a measurement of arterial stiffness that is a key indicator of cardiac health. It provides an easy-to-understand assessment of arterial health to indicate whether someone is optimum, normal, or not optimum for their chronological age.
Body Comp also provides an assessment of nerve activity via its Nerve Health Score which is determined by monitoring the sweat glands in the feet. A low Nerve Health Score is a sign of reduced sweat gland innervation, which is linked to a degeneration of small nerve fibers. Together, these measurements can help users to better understand their risk of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases such as heart attack, stroke, and diabetes. Body Comp is the first Withings device compatible with Health+ that makes actionable use of this data.
“Knowledge is power, and to affect meaningful change, people need an in-depth understanding of health data, why it matters and how it changes. We have worked with a team of behavior change, fitness, medical and nutritional experts for over 12 months to help interpret market-leading data from Withings devices. Today we are thrilled to unveil Health+ along with Body Comp, the first device to benefit from its advanced health metric assessments and habit-building modules on 4 key pillars —sleep, nutrition, activity, and stress management,” said Mathieu Letombe, CEO of Withings. “Providing services is an important strategic step for Withings, and with Body Comp and Health+, we have developed a bundled product that can provide ongoing body health improvement.”